Upperclass & Underclass
The Perfect Games Martin Luther King Tournament is a competitive showcase event held in Phoenix, Arizona from Jan. 17 – 20. For this event we will be entering an Underclass (2021 Grad or younger) and Upperclass team (2020 Grad or younger) into the tournament as the Big League Experience Scout Team. The event is taking place at the Dodgers and White Sox Spring Training home, Camelback Ranch.
This BLE event will include on-field workouts and intrasquad/exhibition games over two days (Jan 15/16), in preparation of the tournament, followed by the PG Event (Jan 17 – 20) with four games guaranteed – weather permitting.
Coaches will include;
– Milwaukee Brewers Scout and Former Canadian Olympic team coach Marty Lehn
– Five-time World Series champion and former MLB catcher and coach Bob Didier
– 12 year Major League pitcher and World Series winner Albie Lopez
– Former professional player and coach Orv Franchuk (World champion with Boston Red Sox as a hitting coach in their organization in 2004)
– Atlanta Braves Associate Scout and Hitting/Pitching specialist Eric Ruben
– Concordia College and NW Stars Coach Jeff Bard
– Special Guest coach – Two time MLB All-Star, Shea Hillenbrand.
*This event is invitation only, all players must be identified by BLE or Scouts staff and receive an invitation*.
To ensure quality of tournament event and experience, registration for the BLE Scout team for the Under/Upperclass PG MLK Event is limited; early player commitment is advised!
Deposit of full payment must be made to secure your spot with full payment received 1 Month Prior to Tournament Start Date, deposits paid are Non-Refundable
– Option One – $800.00CDN + GST ($600.00US equivalent)
Includes ground transportation (while in Phoenix area to and from Team Hotel),
Tournament fee in the PG MLK tournament
Team hat/shirt and coaching/instruction.
o Option 1: Players are responsible for airfare, lodging, food and transportation to Team hotel for drop off and pick up. Airfare is to be booked and paid for by each player. Coaches will travel early morning on January 15 with the first workout that night. Recommended flights should arrive in Phoenix on January 15th in the morning or afternoon. Coaches are flying home in the evening of Monday, Jan. 20st.
o Lodging is to be booked and paid for by each player
BLE Scout Team Hotel –
o HOTEL: Four Points by Sheraton Phoenix North
o Room Block Code is; 573977
– Option Two – $1150.00CDN + GST ($875US equivalent) – Includes lodging with roommates and breakfast (at Team hotel).
– All ground transportation (in Phoenix area), Airport transportation has to be coordinated with coaches arrival and departure.
– Tournament fee in the MLK tournament
– Team hat/shirt and coaching/instruction
o Option Two players will be supervised by BLE staff from moment of arrival in Phoenix area. Players are responsible for airfare and lunch/dinner. Please note: Hotel reservations for players participating in Option Two will be handled by the BLE office and price may be adjusted depending on number of individuals in a room (Option 2 price is based on 3 players per room).
Coach Marty’s Flight Schedule:
- Depart Vancouver on Wednesday, Jan. 15 on West Jet flt 1770 at 9:10am and arrive in Phx at 1:18pm
- Return from Phx on West Jet on flt 1517 on the Monday, Jan. 20th at 6:28pm through Calgary and arrive in Vancouver at 11:35pm
Last year’s schedule:
Wednesday – Exhibition Game vs. AZ Scout Team
Thursday – Morning and afternoon specialty workout with elite staff and College coach visitors
Friday – Perfect Game Martin Luther King Tournament
*To pay by e-transfer (email to email@example.com ) or check (send to: Big League Experience; 14836 Thrift Ave., White Rock, B.C. V4B 2J7, Continue to register online using the form below, and then choose the “Invoice” method of payment, your credit card will not be charged.*
*GST is applicable. American players will have GST reimbursed