The Perfect Games Martin Luther King Tournament is a competitive showcase event held in Phoenix, Arizona from Jan. 18 – 21. For this event we will be entering an Underclass (2020 grad or younger) and Upperclass team (2019 grad or younger) into the tournament as the Milwaukee Brewers Scout Team – Canada. The event is taking place at the Dodgers and White Sox Spring Training home, Camelback Ranch.
This BLE event will include on-field workouts and intrasquad/exhibition games over two days (Jan 16/17), in preparation of the tournament, followed by the PG Event with four games guaranteed – weather permitting.
Coaches will include;
– Milwaukee Brewers Scout and Former Canadian Olympic team coach Marty Lehn
– Five-time World Series champion and former MLB catcher and coach Bob Didier
– 12 year Major League pitcher and World Series winner Albie Lopez
– Former professional player and coach Orv Franchuk (World champion with Boston Red Sox as a hitting coach in their organization in 2004)
– Toronto Blue Jays scout team coach Eddie Marin
– Special Guest coach – Two time MLB All-Star, Shea Hillenbrand.
*This event is invitation only, all players must be identified by BLE or Brewers Scouting staff and receive an invitation*.
To ensure quality of tournament event and experience, registration for the BLE/Brewers Scout team for the Under/Upper-class PG MLK Event is limited; early player commitment is advised!
Deposit of full payment must be made to secure your spot with full payment received 1 Month Prior to Tournament Start Date, deposits paid are Non-Refundable
Option One – $800.00CDN + GST ($600.00US equivalent)
Includes ground transportation (while in Phoenix area to and from Team Hotel),
Tournament fee in the PG MLK tournament
Team hat/shirt and coaching/instruction.
Option 1: Players are responsible for airfare, lodging, food and transportation to Team hotel for drop off and pick up.
– Airfare is to be booked and paid for by each player. Coaches will travel early morning on January 16 with the first workout that night. Recommended flights should arrive in Phoenix on January 16th in the morning or afternoon. Coaches are flying home on Jan. 21st in the evening.
– Lodging is to be booked and paid for by each player
Milwaukee Brewers Scout Team Canada Hotel (*This is the block for both the Under and UpperClassmen teams*
Best Western Tolleson Hotel at 8421 W. McDowell Rd, Tolleson, Arizona.
(15 minutes from Airport and 12 minutes from Dodger/White Sox complex).
Option Two – $1150.00CDN + GST ($875US equivalent) – Includes lodging with roommates and breakfast (at Team hotel).
– All ground transportation (in Phoenix area), Airport transportation has to be coordinated with coaches arrival and departure.
– Tournament fee in the MLK tournament
– Team hat/shirt and coaching/instruction
*Option Two players will be supervised by BLE staff from moment of arrival in Phoenix area. Players are responsible for airfare and lunch/dinner (meals will be organized by BLE staff). Please note: Hotel reservations for players participating in Option Two will be handled by the BLE office.
Last year’s schedule:
Wednesday – Exhibition Game vs. AZ Scout Team
Thursday – Milwaukee Brewers Spring Training facility in Maryvale workout and intrasquad
Friday – Perfect Game Martin Luther King Tournament
To pay by e-transfer (firstname.lastname@example.org), continue to register online using the form below, and then choose the invoice method of payment. Your credit card will not be charged
*GST included in the price. American players will have GST reimbursed