The Perfect Games Martin Luther King Tournament is a competitive showcase event held in Phoenix, Arizona from Jan. 17 – 20. For this event we will be entering an Underclass (2021 grad or younger) and Upperclass team (2020 grad or younger) into the tournament as the Big League Experience Scout Team. The event is taking place at the Dodgers and White Sox Spring Training home, Camelback Ranch.
This BLE event will include on-field workouts and intrasquad/exhibition games over two days (Jan 15 & 16), in preparation of the tournament, followed by the PG Event with four games guaranteed – weather permitting.
Coaches will include;
– Milwaukee Brewers Scout and Former Canadian Olympic team coach Marty Lehn
– 12 year Major League pitcher and World Series winner Albie Lopez
– Former professional player and coach Orv Franchuk (World champion with Boston Red Sox as a hitting coach in their organization in 2004)
– Concordia College (Portland, Oregon) Assistant coach and NW Stars Academy coach Jeff Bard
– Eric Ruben is an Associate Scout with the Atlanta Braves and is a pitching/hitting consultant in the Northwest.
– Special Guest coach – Two time MLB All-Star, Shea Hillenbrand.
*This event is invitation only, all players must be identified by BLE or Brewers Scouting staff and receive an invitation*.
To ensure quality of tournament event and experience, registration for the BLE/Brewers Scout team for the Under/Upper-class PG MLK Event is limited; early player commitment is advised!
Deposit of full payment must be made to secure your spot with full payment received 1 Month Prior to Tournament Start Date, deposits paid are Non-Refundable
Option One – $800.00CDN + GST ($600.00US equivalent)
Includes ground transportation (while in Phoenix area to and from Team Hotel),
Tournament fee in the PG MLK tournament
Team hat/shirt and coaching/instruction.
Option 1: Players are responsible for airfare, lodging, food and transportation to Team hotel for drop off and pick up.
– Airfare is to be booked and paid for by each player. Coaches will travel early morning on January 15 with the first workout that night. Recommended flights should arrive in Phoenix on January 15th in the morning or afternoon. Coaches are flying home on Jan. 20th in the evening.
– Lodging is to be booked and paid for by each player
Big League Experience Scout Team Hotel (*This is the block for both the Under and UpperClassmen teams*
Best Western Tolleson Hotel at 8421 W. McDowell Rd, Tolleson, Arizona.
(15 minutes from Airport and 12 minutes from Dodger/White Sox complex).
Option Two – $1150.00CDN + GST ($875US equivalent) – Includes lodging with roommates and breakfast (at Team hotel).
– All ground transportation (in Phoenix area), Airport transportation has to be coordinated with coaches arrival and departure.
– Tournament fee in the MLK tournament
– Team hat/shirt and coaching/instruction
*Option Two players will be supervised by BLE staff from moment of arrival in Phoenix area. Players are responsible for airfare and lunch/dinner (meals will be organized by BLE staff). Please note: Hotel reservations for players participating in Option Two will be handled by the BLE office.
*Prices could be adjusted and is dependent on the number of those wishing Option 2*.
Last year’s schedule:
Wednesday – Exhibition Game vs. TBA
Thursday – Morning and Afternoon Workout in greater Phoenix area (location is TBA).
Friday – Perfect Game Martin Luther King Tournament
To pay by e-transfer (email@example.com), continue to register online using the form below, and then choose the invoice method of payment. Your credit card will not be charged
*GST included in the price. American players will have GST reimbursed