Description: Spring Training Camp and tournament in the Valley of the Sun
Date: March 26 – 31 (Monday – Saturday)
Where: Mesa, Arizona
Objective: Training camp/games for Midget aged players over 6 days in the Valley of the sun starting Monday, March 26 and ending Saturday, March 31. The camp will give the opportunity for each individual player and team to work on positional skill development, Hitting and team play with their coaches and former MLB players, coaches and scouts over the 6 days. Individuals will also have the opportunity to practice and play games with Team BLE during the week in their preparation for the 2018 season.
Overview and what is included for Team BLE players:
- Option 1 Selection; 6 night’s accommodations at Team Hotel (March 25 – March 31)
- Ground transportation is provided to BLE players to and from the designated team hotel to the park and all Team BLE events.
- Game ticket for MLB spring training game(s) and potential College game
- All costs associated with fields, games, tournament, umpires and special guests
- Option 2 selection* Those choosing Option 2 will be responsible for their hotel room.
Monday, March 26:
9:30 – 11:30 Group meeting – Throwing to Specialty session + Team workout
1:00 - 3:30 Hitting work and Intersquad
Tuesday, March 27:
8:30 – 11am Team Practice + Specialty session
1:05 MLB Game
6:30 – 9:30 Exhibition - Game time
Wednesday, March 28:
9:30 – 12:30 Specialty sessions + hitting session at Extra Innings
2:30 – 5:00 Tournament Game Time – Teams (TBA)
Thursday, March 29th :
8:30 - 2:30 Tournament DH’er
4:30pm Facility tour ASU + Game
Friday, March 30th
9:30 – 12:30 Tournament game – Final Round Robin game
6: - 9pm Tournament game – Semi Final and Consolation
Saturday, March 31st
10:30 – 1:30 Championship Game
Staff will include – (Along with Midget Coaching staff)
Marty Lehn – Former Canadian Olympic team coach, MLB scout and Big League Experience Camps
Bob Didier – 5 time World Series champion with Toronto Blue Jays and New York Yankees and former MLB catcher
Albie Lopez – 12 year MLB pitcher and World Series Champion with Arizona D-Backs
Eddie Marin – Coach of Arizona Blue Jays Scout team – Mesa College baseball
Kyle Dhanani - Former Professional player in the Milwaukee Brewers organization and coach at Thompson Rivers University
John Hiller – Former MLB All-Star Pitcher with Detroit Tigers (Guest coach)
Special Guest: Shea Hillenbrand – Two time MLB All – Star along with others.
As an added bonus to this year’s event, we are offering all Team BLE players a $100 discount to this year’s 2018 summer camp. (Promo code will be sent on completion of event)
Each team and individual will have:
- Three team practices
- Two specialty sessions
- Pre - tournament game(s) and 4/5 tournament games
- One indoor workout
- MLB and College game along with facility visit along with free time to enjoy the sun and relax.
- Airfare to be provided by the individual
- Hotel expense to be covered by individual unless choosing Option 1
- Meals to be covered by individual.
- Transportation to and from Team hotel is provided by BLE for Team BLE players.
Team BLE Coaching Staff