Date: March 27 – April 1 (Monday – Saturday)
Where: Mesa, Arizona
Objective: Training camp/games for 18U aged players over 6 days in the Valley of the sun starting Monday, March 27 and ending Saturday, April 1st. The camp will give the opportunity for each individual player and team to work on positional skill development, Hitting and team play with their coaches and former MLB coaches, scouts and players over the 6 days. Individuals will also have the opportunity to practice and play games with Team BLE during the week in their preparation for the 2017 season. This program will be limited to the number of players accepted for Team BLE
Overview and what is included:
Players will participate with Team BLE.
- 5 night’s accommodations at Team Hotel (Breakfast included in price) *For Option 2 selection* Those choosing Option 1 will be responsible for their hotel room.
- Ground transportation to and from the designated team hotel to the park for all Team BLE players (both Option 1 and Option 2) is provided by BLE.
- Game ticket for MLB spring training game(s) and potential College game
- All costs associated with fields, games, umpires and special guests
- Wrap up meal/banquet
Monday, March 27:
6:30 - 9:00 - Group meeting and Team Practice
Tuesday, March 28:
8:30 – 11:30am - Team Practice + Specialty session
1:00 – 3:00 - Extra Innings facility - TBA
6:30 – 9:30 - Exhibition - Game time - Teams (TBA)
Wednesday, March 29th:
8:30 – 11:00am (Specialty sessions + hitting)
1:05pm - MLB game -
6:30 – 9:30pm – Exhibition - Game Time – Teams (TBA)
Thursday, March 30th:
9:00 – 11:00am - Team Practice
12:30 – 4:00 - Campus Visit
6:30 - 9:30 - Tournament starts
Friday, March 31st
8:30 – 11:30 Tournament game
12:00 Lunch Banquet at hotel
*MLB or College Game*
Saturday, April 1st
Tournament games – (DH’er)
*We will look at concluding Tournament games by 2:30pm that afternoon if teams/individuals are looking to fly back that day*
*Consolation and Playoffs Games
Staff will include – (Along with Midget Coaching staff)
Marty Lehn – Former Canadian Olympic team coach, MLB scout and Big League Experience Camps
Bob Didier – 5 time World Series champion with Toronto Blue Jays and New York Yankees and former MLB catcher
Albie Lopez – 12 year MLB pitcher and World Series Champion with Arizona D-Backs
Eddie Marin – Coach of Arizona Blue Jays Scout team – Mesa College baseball
Kyle Dhanani - Former Professional player in the Milwaukee Brewers organization and coach at Thompson Rivers University
Tim Unroe – Former MLB outfielder and corner infielder with Milwaukee Brewers (Guest coach)
Special Guest: Shea Hillenbrand – Two time MLB All – Star along with others.
Each team and individual will have:
- Three team practices
- Two specialty sessions
- Two pre - tournament games and 4 tournament games
- One indoor workout
- MLB and College game, campus visits and free time to enjoy the sun and relax.
- Airfare to be provided by the individual
- Hotel expense to be covered by individual unless choosing Option 2
- Meals to be covered by individual – however, breakfast is included in hotel room
- Transportation to and from Team hotel is provided by BLE for Team BLE players.
**Tournament play will start on Thursday with all attempts made to invite non Training camp teams to participate in the tournament with the hope of attracting US competition.
Big League Experience Baseball