The USSSA Veterans Day Challenge Tournament Event is held in Las Vegas, Nevada from Nov. 7 – 11 and Team BLE will be entering teams in the 11uU, 12U, 13U and 14U Divisions.
- 11U Division Players must be born after May 1 of 2008
- 12U Division Players must be born after May 1 of 2007
- 13U Division Players must be born after May 1 of 2006
- 14U Division Players must be born after May 1 of 2005
The event will include pre-tournament workouts in Las Vegas on Thursday and Friday (Nov. 7th & 8th) prior to the Veterans Day Challenge tournament being held from Saturday, November 9 – Monday, November 11th (four games guaranteed). This tournament attracts teams from all over North America and is by invitation only. All players must be identified by BLE staff and receive an invitation to participate in the Event.
Coaches in the past have included:
- Former Canadian Olympic team coach and Brewers Scout Marty Lehn
- 5-time World Series Champion, former MLB catcher and coach, Bob Didier
- 12-year Major League pitcher and World Series winner Albie Lopez
- 2-Time All-Star Shea Hillenbrand
- World Series Champion with the LA Dodgers and MLB outfielder Mike Davis
- Former Brewers Minor League Infielder Kyle Dhanani
- Former Florida Marlins Minor League Pitcher Joe Sergent
- Eddie Marin– Scout with Durango Generales (Mexican Professional league) and AZ Blue Jays Scout team Head Coach
- Alan Cox– Player Dev. coordinator Okotoks Dawgs. Kentucky Wesleyan Univ.
Cost: $650.00CDN + GST- Must be Paid in Full 1 Month Prior to Tournament Start Date, deposits paid are Non-Refundable.
– Includes: Tournament fees in the Veteran’s Day Challenge, and all pre-tournament mini camp and associated fees
– Team hat/shirt and coaching/instruction.
Airfare and Hotel
*To be booked and paid for by each player*. The team hotel is “Sam’s Town Hotel and Casino” 5111 Boulder Hwy, Las Vegas, NV 89122. We have set a block of room’s aside for you to book your room, just hit the following link to book your room:
and log in using the following:
File # 51016
*Please note, it is not mandatory for you to stay at this hotel, but the guys do bond and hang out together at the hotel during down time*
Coaches will arrive in Vegas on either the night of 6th/or morning of 7th and depart home in the evening of Nov. 11th.
Marty’s flights information:
Depart: Bellingham on Thursday, Nov. 7 at 7am on Flt. #709 Allegient Air and arrive in Vegas at 9:32am
Return: Nov. 11 at 6:24pm on Flt 731 Allegiant air. And Arrive in Bellingham at 9:08pm
*In the past we have practiced at the Big League Dreams field, which are replica MLB fields and we are looking to finalize that again – it’s a pretty cool set up*
Thursday, November 7th:
2:00 – 4:30pm: Team Practice
5:30pm: Game vs. Las Vegas team
Friday, November 8th:
10:00 – 12:00am ~ Specialty session + Team Time
1:00 – 3:30 ~ Practice/Intrasquad
Saturday, November 9th to Monday, November 11th – Veteran’s Day Challenge ~ Game Times TBA
*BLE will NOT be offering Van Transportation for this Travel Event. Please email email@example.com
Big League Experience Baseball
*To pay by e-transfer (email to firstname.lastname@example.org ) or check, Continue to register online using the form below, and then choose the invoice method of payment, your credit card will not be charged.